We subscribe to the “work hard, play hard” mantra. The A/E/C industry can be stressful and deadline driven, so we are always looking for ways to treat ourselves. This includes birthday celebrations complete with a birthday tiara, random potluck lunches and the occasional office happy hour. In case that’s not enough, HERA also provides competitive salaries and a generous benefits package to help our employees lead healthy and balanced lives:
- 9 1/2 holidays off
- 3 weeks of PTO
- 100% medical insurance premium and HSA account
- 401K with 4.5% matching funds
- Professional development allowance
- Summer hour schedule with eight Fridays off from Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Flexible work schedule and work from home
- “Leadership Ladder” employee growth program to encourage advancement
HERA is seeking an intern architect with an interest in laboratory planning and design to work in one of our offices (Atlanta, WDC/Bethesda, Philadelphia or St Louis). This is an exciting growth opportunity for an energetic, self-starter to work with scientific clients across the country. HERA works on challenging projects in a variety of laboratory environments, including undergraduate teaching, graduate research, biotechnology, forensics, clinical and corporate labs.
Experience: Three years of experience in architectural offices; previous lab project building and/or production experience a plus.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Working effectively in a collaborative teaming environment, taking responsibility for accomplishing tasks set out by the team and meeting deadlines.
- Managing your own time and multi-tasking while remaining organized and focused on several projects at a time.
- Travel for client meetings, field surveys and other project or office assignments.
- Lab design, planning, illustration and documentation, working with colleagues from all HERA offices.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in graphics and rendering software such as SketchUp, Rhino, V-Ray, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.
- Working toward or have already earned a bachelor or masters degree in architecture or a related design field.
- General knowledge of building construction technology.
- Excellent speaking, writing and listening skills.
- Previous project team work experience a plus.
Additional details: Clearly identify your ability to contribute to our firm’s growth in your cover letter when you submit your resume and work samples. If you have questions, please contact Office Coordinator Sandy Habeck at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HERA recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
HERA is seeking a full-time, permanent senior laboratory architect/project manager to work from our Philadelphia office.
- Subject-Matter-Expert (SME) in laboratories and other specialty architectural environments
- Project manager
Experience and Abilities:
- 15-25 years’ experience in the architectural field.
- Registered architect; NCARB certification is desirable.
- Broad experience in all phases of project development.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Strong project management, mentoring and supervisory skills.
- Understands planning, architecture and project management tools and software.
- Experience with contract negotiations, implementation and staffing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of tools; experience with Deltek Vision and Revit is advantageous.
- Ability to travel nationally and occasionally internationally
Senior Lab Planner and SME
- Serve as a technical advisor in one or more of the following markets: academic, clinical, forensic, government and R&D.
- Aptitude to lead discussions with clients in all phases of project development.
- Ability to assist in the production, delegate and oversee project deliverables.
- Expertise to conduct Quality Control reviews.
- Contribute to marketing campaigns in areas of SME; participate and prepare for project interviews.
- Manage projects from initiation to closeout.
- Lead fee development, phases, milestones, deliverable and deadlines.
- Communicate with prime architects and owners’ representatives relative to contracts and documents.
- Develop team staffing in concert with managers in other HERA offices.
- Work with accounting and administration for contract liability, insurance and licensing requirements.
- Use project reporting software for:
- Management of hours, expended fee and hours, final project profitability, etc.
- Forecast revenue.
- Track invoicing.
- Project, resource and reports development.
- Work with accounting and principals on collections.
Leadership Roles & Responsibilities
- Facilitate effective working relationships within the Philadelphia office and collaboration across all HERA offices.
- Mentor and facilitate training and development of staff in multiple lab types.
- Help increase HERA’s local market projects and presence.
For consideration, please email email@example.com with:
- Cover letter
- Project list
- Work samples