We subscribe to the “work hard, play hard” mantra. The A/E/C industry can be stressful and deadline driven, so we are always looking for ways to treat ourselves. This includes birthday celebrations complete with a birthday tiara, random potluck lunches and the occasional office happy hour. In case that’s not enough, HERA also provides competitive salaries and a generous benefits package to help our employees lead healthy and balanced lives:
- 9 1/2 holidays off
- 3 weeks of PTO
- 100% medical insurance premium and HSA account
- 401K with 4.5% matching funds
- Professional development allowance
- Summer hour schedule with eight Fridays off from Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Flexible work schedule and work from home
- “Leadership Ladder” employee growth program to encourage advancement
HERA is seeking an intern architect with an interest in laboratory planning and design to work in one of our offices (Atlanta, WDC/Bethesda, Philadelphia or St Louis). This is an exciting growth opportunity for an energetic, self-starter to work with scientific clients across the country. HERA works on challenging projects in a variety of laboratory environments, including undergraduate teaching, graduate research, biotechnology, forensics, clinical and corporate labs.
Experience: Three years of experience in architectural offices; previous lab project building and/or production experience a plus.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Working effectively in a collaborative teaming environment, taking responsibility for accomplishing tasks set out by the team and meeting deadlines.
- Managing your own time and multi-tasking while remaining organized and focused on several projects at a time.
- Travel for client meetings, field surveys and other project or office assignments.
- Lab design, planning, illustration and documentation, working with colleagues from all HERA offices.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in graphics and rendering software such as SketchUp, Rhino, V-Ray, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.
- Working toward or have already earned a bachelor or masters degree in architecture or a related design field.
- General knowledge of building construction technology.
- Excellent speaking, writing and listening skills.
- Previous project team work experience a plus.
Additional details: Clearly identify your ability to contribute to our firm’s growth in your cover letter when you submit your resume and work samples. If you have questions, please contact Office Coordinator Sandy Habeck at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HERA recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
HERA is seeking a project manager for our federal government sector to work from our Washington DC office. This individual would report to the principals and directors and would be responsible for the project operations within the federal government sector.
Experience: At least 10 years of experience with a professional architectural degree and a master’s degree or equivalent experience.
Roles and responsibilities:
Federal Government Project Team Leader
- Oversees all federal government projects
- Leads project planning, initiation, close-out:
– Develops fees, hours and deliverables in SD, DD, CD and CA phases
– Communicates with owners’ representatives and consultants relative to contracts and documents
– Project team staffing
– Project schedule, milestones, deliverables
– Oversees document issuance to Owner agency
– Completes project archiving with assistance of team members
- Work with HERA PM’s and federal government PA’s to develop / codify contract documentation procedures and standards for drawings and specifications.
Contracts (Work with PIC and Director)
- Provide comprehensive management of contracts, fees and Additional Services
- Work with accounting and administration for contract liability and licensing requirements
Project Management Reporting
- Work with Directors, Finance personnel and appropriate Principals
- Execute contractual compliance, project initiation process for fee and schedule
- Use project reporting software for project management, hours, expended fee and hours, final project profitability, etc.
- Track project scheduling in conjunction with project team and PM group
Project Financial Reporting
- Use program templates for fee development, management
- Track invoicing / billing summary
- Work with accounting and PA’s on collections
- Use PM reporting tools (Deltek / project management software including but not limited to project review, project / resource development, reports, etc.)
- Lead government archiving protocols