We subscribe to the “work hard, play hard” mantra. The A/E/C industry can be stressful and deadline driven, so we are always looking for ways to treat ourselves. This includes birthday celebrations complete with a birthday tiara, random potluck lunches and the occasional office happy hour. In case that’s not enough, HERA also provides competitive salaries and a generous benefits package to help our employees lead healthy and balanced lives:
- 9 1/2 holidays off
- 3 weeks of PTO
- Summer schedule with every other Friday off
- 100% medical insurance premium and HSA account
- 401K with employer matching funds
- Professional Development allowance
- Flexible work schedule and work from home
- “Leadership Ladder” employee growth program to encourage advancement
- Bonus pool for all employees
- Parental leave policy
HERA is seeking an architectural graduate with 3-5 years of experience with an interest in laboratory planning and design to work in one of our Washington DC/Bethesda office. This is an exciting growth opportunity for an energetic, self-starter to work with scientific clients across the country. HERA works on challenging projects in a variety of laboratory environments, including undergraduate teaching, graduate research, biotechnology, forensics, clinical and corporate labs.
Experience: At least three years of experience in architectural offices; previous lab project building and/or production experience a plus.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Working effectively in a collaborative teaming environment, taking responsibility for accomplishing tasks set out by the team and meeting deadlines.
- Managing your own time and multi-tasking while remaining organized and focused on several projects at a time.
- Travel for client meetings, field surveys and other project or office assignments.
- Lab design, planning, illustration and documentation, working with colleagues from all HERA offices.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture
- General knowledge of building construction technology
- Excellent speaking, writing and listening skills.
- Proficient in Revit.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in graphics and rendering software such as SketchUp, Rhino, V-Ray, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.
Additional details: Clearly identify your ability to contribute to our firm’s growth in your cover letter when you submit your resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
HERA recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
HERA is seeking a full-time, permanent senior laboratory architect/project manager to work from our Philadelphia office.
- Member of the HERA team
- Laboratory planning & pre-design and knowledge of specialty architectural environments
- Senior Project Manager
- Alternate skills of interest to HERA team: design and documentation of large lab projects, subject matter expert (SME) in public health and clinical labs, vivaria or other technical lab types
Experience and abilities:
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the architectural field
- Registered Architect; NCARB certification is desirable
- Broad experience in all phases of project development
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Strong project management, mentoring and supervisory skills
- Manage multiple projects and large laboratory projects
- Understands planning, architecture and project management tools and software.
- Experience with contract negotiations, implementation and staffing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of tools; experience with Deltek Vision is advantageous
- Ability to travel nationally and potentially internationally
Senior Lab Planner
- Serve as a technical advisor in one or more of the following markets: academic, clinical, forensic, government, public health and R&D.
- Aptitude to lead discussions with clients in all phases of project development.
- Delegate and oversee project deliverables.
- Provide technical lab, documentation oversight and quality control (QC) reviews.
- Participate in marketing campaigns, project interviews and fee and scope development.
- Manages projects from initiation to closeout
- Leads fee development, phases, milestones, deliverable and deadlines
- Communicates with prime architects and owners’ representatives relative to contracts and documents
- Develops team staffing in concert with managers in other HERA offices
- Work with accounting and administration for contract liability, insurance and licensing requirements
- Use project reporting software for:
- Management of hours, expended fee and hours, final project profitability, etc.
- Forecast revenue
- Track invoicing
- Project, resource and reports development
- Work with accounting and principals on collections
Leadership Roles & Responsibilities
- Facilitate effective working relationships within the Philadelphia office and collaboration across all HERA offices.
- Mentor and facilitate training and development of staff in multiple lab types.
For consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Cover letter
- Project list
- Work samples